Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 3 Post Op.....

2:13 am  I woke up to use the restroom and deal with my drains.  By the time I got through with all of that, my pain level was really bad.  Now I am laying in bed, with tears streaming down my cheeks, silently sobbing and trying not to wake Josh up.  Its moments like this that makes me wonder if I did the right thing or not.  The pain is like nothing I have ever experienced before.  It plays tricks with my head.  I just need the pain to end.


8:00 am    I just called the clinic and talked to the Resident.  She changed up my meds a little and hopefully it will help with this pain.  She told me to call back if it doesn't help and they will have to either figure something out, or they might have to re-admit me for pain management.  I am hoping and praying that won't be necessary.  I just want to be home with my family.


12:15 pm    Applying ice to my breasts has helped.  I am interested in trying to hot packs too today.  I think I am going to make some cold/hot packs up real quick today.  Rosie (my little yorkie) has been so sweet. She stays on my lap anytime I am sitting, and she brings me a lot of comfort, I am really enjoying having her close.


8:36 pm   The pain is still bad most of the time.  It is so frustrating because I really want relief.  I've started sleeping more during the day because when I am asleep I don't feel the pain.  I know I have said it already, but when the pain is the worst is when I am having negative feelings about the decision I made.  I was not even close to being prepared for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment