Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Everything went well, THANK YOU!

Pastor Wes arrived shortly after we did,  We visited with him for a little while and then the nurse cam in and said it was time for me to go.  He prayed for me and for the doctors who would be operating on me, and then I was off.  I was led back to the "staging area" and I got onto a gurney and settled in.  Even as they prepared me for the operating room, I still felt totally at peace.  It really was an amazing feeling and I quietly said a prayer thanking God for the watch he was keeping over me.


The surgery went well, according to the doctors.  It took about five hours for the surgeons to finish their work and then about an hour for me to wake up in recovery.  When I arrived in my hospital room the pain started  coming on very strong.  My nurse and corpsman were amazing.  They used Morphine and Toradol to help with the pain and it worked very well.


I had not planned on having my kids come to the hospital tonight. I thought I might be really groggy and out of it, and I didn't want the kids to see me like that.  It ended up that I was pretty alert so I called Josh and asked them all to come see me.  Even thought it had only been a short time, but I missed my family so much already and I just wanted to hug and kiss them.


When the family arrived I got very emotional.  I had made it through the surgery and seeing their faces reminded me again why I had gone through all of this.  Preventing a Breast Cancer diagnosis so that they don't  ever have to see me sick, or go through the worry.  I also knew, looking at their faces, that they were the strength I would need to get through the next several months of healing and the other surgeries I might need.


Off to get some rest.  Thank you again, sooooo much, for all of your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment