Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 5 Post Op.......

10:00 am    After being so careful about staying reclined and not doing anything that might  aggravate the pain, I had another horrible experience like I did in the hospital.    I think it was about 4:00 pm and I told Josh I wanted to go upstairs so that I could relax and maybe take a nap.  I climbed into bed and was catching up on facebook.  I was very comfortable and was enjoying how wonderful it felt to be in my awesome bed, surrounded by comfy pillows, and I felt like I was going to drift off to sleep.


                    Then it started, first slowly, the pain in my right breast. I knew it wasn't going to be good because it felt just like it did that night in the hospital.  So I text Josh and asked if he would please bring an ice pack up to me, hoping that the ice would help the pain to stop escalating.  By the ime he was at my bedside the pain was unbearable.  I laid there hoping it would subside, but instead it just continued to get worse and worse.  After about 15 minutes, I told him I needed to go into the ER.  He rushed me in and fortunatly once we got there they were able to get me back to a bed and get an IV in me fast.  They gave me pain meds as soon as the doctor was able to talk to me about what was going on.


                    They sent me down for a chest xray because I had been running a low grade fever the night before.  Other than  that, they just went over all my symptoms,  gave me a little more pain medication in my IV and then sent me home and told me to follow up with my doc.  I really hope that I never feel that pain again.  On top of the fact that the pain is horrible, it's also very embarrassing to be breathing and moaning like I am in labor.


11:26 pm    I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and awesome friends surrounding me.  The pain is still pretty bad.  I am spending my days reclined.  If I sit up or stand up for more than about five minutes,  that is when the searing pain starts.  Sometimes if I get back into my reclined position it goes away pretty quickly.  Other times I have to put an ice pack on various spots to get the pain to subside.  The pain has still not been under a 5 or 6 with some spikes that get up to 7 or 8.  This pain is exhausting.  I say a prayer every night that God will give me comfort and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment