Friday, January 27, 2012

It's almost here.....

With each passing hour the pit in my stomach feels like its getting bigger and bigger.  There are no words that can describe what I am going through right now.  I am NOT ready for this surgery, AT ALL.  I can't stop thinking about the moment that I will see myself in the mirror for the first time.  I don't think there is any way that I can prepare myself for that.


I spoke to my dear friend tonight, who had her mastectomy last week.   It meant so much to me that she called to check in on me, and how I am feeling.  The feelings that that come after these surgeries are emotions that I am pretty sure only fellow mastectomy patients can understand.  I feel so blessed to have an inner circle of friends that I can cry to and they KNOW my pain.


I am also blessed with amazing family and friends who have supported me through these last several months.  Where would I be without my "Pink Army"?  I have drawn so much strength and encouragement from the messages, calls, cards, etc that I have received from so many.


In the coming days/weeks/months I will need everyones love and support more than ever.  I know that I will get through it, I have to.  I will continue to remind myself why I started this process in the beginning.  By having the double mastectomy I have decreased my chances of getting breast cancer by approximately 95%.  That's a pretty dang good reason, right?!?!?!


Thank you again, so much, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment