Monday, March 19, 2012

Facing my SEVENTH surgery.....

After my surgery last Monday I never really started feeling better.  By the end of the week I started hurting really bad on my left side and just felt really crappy.  On Thursday night I decided it was time to make a trip to the ER just to make sure everything was ok.  They got me right back into a bed and gave me pain medication to help me get comfortable.  When the doctor came back to talk to me he said that he was going to call down to Madigan and see what they suggested we do.  He came back not to long after with the answer......they wanted to have me transferred down to them because of my history of complications.  So that is what happened, I was transfered by ambulance and admitted.


Friday morning the plastic surgery team, minus my doc, came in to talk to me.  I guess my doc was on leave so the head of Plastics was the one that came by to see me.  That wasn't so bad!  They sent me to have an ultrasound done so that they could get a better idea of what was going on inside my left breast.  During the ultrasound they found a small pocket of fluid which they decided to aspirate so they could test the fluid.  They could also see that the tissue around my expander was all very inflamed.


Lucky me, I have been in the hospital all weekend basically because my doctor wasn't around.  They came in today and told me that they have put me on the schedule for Wednesday to take the expander out.  I pushed for the surgery because 1) There is no reason for it to be in there because  it will have to come out for the DIEP anyways, and 2) I didn't want to risk going home and having to come back in a week or two because things have gotten worse.  So Wednesday afternoon I will have my 7th surgery, my 3rd in the last six weeks.  Crazy!  The good news though is that my body will be free of everything and I can heal and repair for the next several months before my big surgery.


So, thats my update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment